This is pretty much just guacamole with chickpeas added...but if it's that simple, how come I didn't think of it? Maybe because I never thought about putting chickpeas in Mexican food. From Vegetarian Times.
1 avocado, diced
1 can chickpeas (15 oz), rinsed & drained
1/4 c chopped cilantro
4 tsp lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
taco shells/tortillas
other fixin's
1. Mash avocado in small bowl with a fork. Stir in chickpeas, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Assemble tacos!
My fixin's: baby salad greens and salsa

4 comments:
Yum, that looks good. I made some guacamole yesterday. It's a good thing avocados are a little pricey or I'd want to eat them every day!
mmm, I would eat avocados every day too. You know what would be awesome? Owning an avocado tree!
I bought avocados the other day, so I will make this soon! Do you mash or blend up the chick peas at all?
I always wanted an artichoke tree, but I heard it takes years for it to grow even one artichoke, and I think they need really nice weather.
Yay! No, I left the chickpeas whole...you can kind of see them in the picture. The original recipe didn't say anything about mashing them.
Post a Comment